Saturday, October 31, 2009

I Need Thee Every Hour...

Lord, I need to seek You. Not people, not friends, not fun, not my own desires, but You.

I need you more than ever, and I know that I need to turn to You, but I really just don't feel like it half the time.
I need to spend time with You, time that I can use to know You, and then maybe, I can finally find rest and comfort with You. Rest and strength, and knowledge and peace, that I would not have any other way, can be found in You, and I know where to find You, but I just don't have the will-power to leave the other things behind.

Help me, Lord. Grant me the knowledge and the strength that I need in order to seek You with all my heart, with all my soul and with all my mind.

When I learn to put my trust in You, then all that I need and want will be found.

Lord, help me love You.

For am I now seeking the approval of man, or of God? Or am I trying to please man? If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant of Christ.
-Galations 1:10

No comments:

Post a Comment